Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Birthdays are for indulgence

Yesterday was my birthday! To celebrate, I did something I've only done once or twice in my entire life - I had a mani, a pedi and a facial! It was wonderful. The facial was the best part, so relaxing, so soothing. Now my fingers and toes are all purdy. I'd never had a mani before and only once before had a facial, but I've had maybe four pedis altogether. The fact that these little indulgences are so rare made the whole experience special and decadent. Special and decadent - that's what b-days are for, yes?

After that, I had pancakes for lunch. Another special and decadent treat! But the best part was when I had dinner with friends. We had take-out from El Pollo Loco, where I'd never eaten before. As far as fast food goes, this place rocks! The food was really good and much healthier than the majority of other fast food restaurants. The company was the best part, though. The highlight was having "Happy Birthday" sung to me, in its entirety, by a two year old! What a cutie.

No comments: