Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Long Time, No Post

It's been a looooong time since I've posted! A lot has changed. For one thing, I'm no longer selling from my own website, but I now have an Etsy shop! It's so exciting! What's Etsy? Etsy is an online marketplace, a venue, for buying and selling handmade stuff! Everything on Etsy, with the sole exception of supplies, is handmade.

Check out my shop: Luminosities

In other news, I'm now a member of SRAJD, Self-Representing Artists Jewelry Designer.
I'm member 0869! What is SRAJD? SRAJD is an acronym for Self-Representing Artist Jewelry Designer. Members sell jewelry that they designed and created themselves. When you buy a piece from an SRAJD member, you are buying directly from and supporting the artist. What could be cooler than that?


I am also officially on vacation! Vacation from that dreaded entity known as the day job, that is. I'll still be working on my jewelry business and one or two other projects, still in secrecy mode.

And my house. Did I mention my house? Gawd, what a disaster! There is stuff everywhere. Books, magazines and papers of all description piled high on every available surface, including the floor. Laundry piled sky high. Jewelry and collage supplies strewn from one end to the other. I am not an organized person. I spent years and years trying to be, but I finally realized that the struggle to be what I am not caused a lot more angst than being disorganized ever did. Besides, organization is for people who are too lazy to look for stuff!

Seriously, though, I have currently reached heights (depths?) of disarray heretofore unrealized. Somewhere in all this mess is a missing credit card! I'm afraid I'm going to find it in the catbox. My cats all have so many extra toes, I would not be surprised if they've been ordering kitty stuff online while I'm out.

Speaking of ordering stuff, I recently placed a big jewelry supply order that I am anxiously awaiting. Oh, and I finally bought a scanner! I did a lot of research into what scanners are best for scanning jewelry and based my purchase on that. I've also ordered new business cards and return address labels. Needless to say, I spend a lot of time peering down the street looking for the mail carrier.
I did already get one order, though. I ordered a fudge sampler from The Country Baker


I got milk chocolate, rocky road, kahlua and peanut butter fudge. It's awesome stuff! So now, while I wait for my other stuff, I can console myself with sugary goodness.

No comments: